Monday, July 12, 2010

Ticker Tape Update


WHEW! What a way to kick off the month. The ticker tape update:

- We moved and are loving our "New Life." Living by Lincoln park in DC is so pleasant, quiet and pretty. Our home, a 1918 row house, is a gem and we're most of the way set up. I have a lovely room, backyard fit for a secret garden, and even a garage!

- Party on! 4th of July weekend was quite the show. Even though we moved on Thursday, the following Sunday we threw a birthday/housewarming/4th of July bbq that saw 25+ people in our new home and backyard. The capitol building is walking distance from our new place, so we meandered down to the steps to watch a glorious fireworks display. Best moment: Waving sparklers while singing loud rounds of the national anthem with dozens of total strangers en route to the capitol.

- Cousin Danny brought me to a Nats game. Not just any nats game. Since Dan is an Ivy grad, we got to meet Nats president Stan Kasten along with journalist Adam Rubin at a pregame meet and greet. I love baseball. I love Strasburg. I love baseball. Wait, did I say that already?

- Stacey Foster was here! I got to play hostess and tour guide with my darling college roommate and her friend from work. We did a night tour of the monuments, a day time trek around the city, and hit up 3 Smithsonians. We were dogged by day's end but very happy.

- And now, the beach. Yes, that's right- I'm in Rehoboth nannying for one of the Capitol Hill families I've been working for this summer and I'm not sure how I landed such a sweet gig. I'm in an enormous house with my own master suite, enjoying building sand castles with well-disciplined creative kids. So far I've already invented a high-five using feet and taught my little charges about rolly-polly bugs. It's going to be a great week!

peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment