Sunday, October 3, 2010

Band 101!

Mom was here this weekend!

She arrived Thursday night. Friday, she came in and enjoyed celebrity status at school and watched me teach for the day. The kids were really entertained by her presence and the best moment was when one of them decided we should use the "usted" form with her because "she's a senior." Saturday, we went to the football game and watched the band perform. It was the highlight of my weekend. I love seeing the kids at their best. You've got to check it out below!


Saturday night we went and saw "Waiting For Superman," which is a must-see documentary. I mean that literally. You must see it! For me, it's a lot of facts I already knew. But for America, it's going to be a shock. No matter who you are, you will cry. GO SEE IT!

Today we wrapped up the weekend watching a painful Steelers loss at the Pour House. But mom treated and even as a Pats fan, I have to admit that sitting in a comfy couch at a bar with roommates, family, a plate of perrogies and a pitcher of beer isn't a bad way to end a weekend!

Peace and love.
T

1 comment: