Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Spy...


We finally did it! We finally made it to the Spy museum! It only took us a year and a half, but the roomies and I ventured out on a weeknight (I know, crazy) to take advantage of Teacher night at the Spy Museum in downtown DC.

Teacher night included free food, a cash bar, raffles and free resources for local teachers. At first, it seemed a little lame (although I did eat a rice krispies treat, except it was made out of fruit loops, so that was awesome.) That was until we entered "Operation Spy"- the big feature of the Spy Museum. All I knew about it was that it was an hour long simulation mimicking the life of a Spy, and that it has been sold out every weekend I've tried to go. Now I understand why!

The experience was terrifying! Suddenly, a large metal door closes behind you. You are thrown into a very convincing set of a market in the middle east, along with a group of strangers. You have to make your way through the maze, following clues, solving problems, and achieving the mission. Dark elevators, motion simulators, computers and cameras make the experience more realistic. Some points I found myself screaming out loud (there is no way I could be a real spy!) It was Disney World, but for grown-ups. I would recommend the experience to anyone- and you know, it wouldn't make for a bad date either!

The week is finished for me tomorrow. I have a half day and then parent conferences. This weekend promises to be lovely with a trip to local vineyards! Pictures and updates soon.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment