Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Back to School Night

Tonight is Back to School night at Gwynn Park, and in a funny way I'm excited. No, I'm definitely not thrilled about being in the same building from 6:30 am to 9:30 pm- that is FOR SURE my bed time, but I am excited about meeting my students' parents for the first time. Usually, the apple doesn't fall that far from the tree, and I think it's going to be really eye opening to see who- if anybody- comes by for the night.

It's a busy and hellish week. This today, grad class yesterday, and more professional development on Thursday afternoon. Wednesday, I have a huge packet due for Teach For America, and I'm also supposed to put together 3 days of emergency substitute plans by the week's end. Pray tell, WHEN? I don't even have a moment to watch a football game, cook a nice dinner or even THINK about working out. Every moment, I am working and I'm never caught up. Someday, I'll be a millionaire when I invent the "Teach For America" diet- stay awake ungodly hours, relieve hunger pains with adrenaline, and NEVER SIT all day. You'll waste away, promise!

Last weekend, in between re-taking the praxis test and going through 8 hours of correcting tests, I did find some time to go out on Saturday. A new friend here is teaching me how to swing a golf club, and I'm hoping to make a habit out of it. It's one business skill I didn't pick up while at SU, and I've always wanted to learn how to play.

Well, best wishes to all from a tired girl. If anyone has any tricks for making the day longer let me know!

Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment