Monday, September 21, 2009

Camden Yards

When they say "Fenway South" or maybe a better term would be "Fenway Mid-Atlantic," they are not joking when it comes to Camden Yards! This Saturday, I finally went and saw a game at the famed stadium with my dear Sox in town. What a wonderful night!

The weather in DC has been to die for this week. This must be the fall weather that everyone raves about! Cool crisp nights and warm, glowing days. Saturday evening was a perfect night to catch a game. Not a cloud in the sky bothered us as we drove to Baltimore...if anything I was a little chilly!

All my compliments to the birds for their gorgeous stadium. The place smells like Dr. Charles- everything about it seems to have his touch, you can tell he was thinking of "the fan experience" when he and Lucchino went to work. The old factory backdrop, the arrangement of the seats, the green classic paint- you feel like you are in an old-time stadium. The place has character, it doesn't feel commercial in the least. And I confess, I adore the Orioles' mascot. It's too bad that the seats were teeming with rowdy Boston fans!

The game was a smear, and I almost felt bad for the O's. But a chowdah head never is sad about a great win and like every fan I'm praying the Sox have it this year to go all the way.

This week the Dodgers are in DC... so that will be a blast from my past. I will be eating dinner with Dr. Charles tonight and hopefully catching Tommy L and company on Wednesday. You know I'm a happy girl with so much BASEBALL to chew on !!

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment