Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to school jitters

Every single Sunday night, I can't sleep. It's like having back to school jitters once a week. I just lay there, wide eyed, thinking about...stuff.

The thing is, I can't figure out why I can't fall asleep. Haven't I been doing this teaching malarkey long enough to know what to expect out of my Monday?

Today was the first day back after a long and delightful vacation. (Thanks again for the amazing leather coat, Santa!) And...it was normal. Boring, dare I say. All the same, I couldn't fall asleep last night, even with the glass of wine and Jersey Shore marathon to get my mind off things.

I used to tell my mother when I was a child insomniac that "my body was so tired but my brain just didn't want to go to sleep." I'd like to grow out of this problem any time now.

Here's hoping for an incident-free week, a short staff meeting on Wednesday, and more restful nights to come.

Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment