Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 18? Whoops.

I passed my Praxis! I passed my Praxis! I passed my Praxis! That said, I have started to enjoy life so very much more. Remember that old Nickelodeon game show, Legends of the Hidden Temple? Passing the Praxis was the same feeling of joy you got when some kid actually made it through the final obstacle course. You didn't think it was possible, and when it actually happens after so many fails... well... it was just a pure thrill !

I celebrated my first weekend of freedom in style by going with a big group of friends to a DC United game. They are the professional soccer team that now plays at the old RFK stadium. Finally, it was to our advantage that we live all the way at C and 17th! Fifteen people showed up Saturday afternoon bearing fruit, chips, cookies and salads to put together a pregame potluck. The weather was cold and breezy but we bundled up and filled up before marching down the few short blocks to the stadium.

This makes my third professional soccer experience. Now I've seen games in Madrid, Los Angeles, and DC. And actually, every one of them was a blast! I can't believe the dedication and the passion of professional soccer fans. The whole stadium jumped up and down and somehow the cement stairs below me shook with the beat of the crowd. Everyone was singing, playing drums, throwing toilet paper, and clanging bells. It was just wild! I had no idea that fans here in DC could get so rowdy! We saw a lot of people we knew and quickly forgot about the chilly night.

This weekend seemed to finish in a blink. I can't believe it's Monday tomorrow already. Time is such a ridiculously flexible thing!

Peace and Love.

1 comment: