Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Surviving May and June"

…was the title of my TFA professional development this weekend. I wish the name of the PD was “living it up” through May and June. I’m done “surviving.” It’s time to sprint it out till the end of the year. We’ve made it, we’ve really made it! The end is so close- Seniors have just a few weeks left- and I’ve decided to let my summer vacation start early by filling my weekends with as much fun as possible!

Mom came to visit this weekend and even though Saturday was a professional development, we managed to really enjoy the city! Friday night we went to the Dodgers- Nats game. I caught up with my old coworkers and really enjoyed the fireworks! If you haven’t been to a Friday night Nats game, GO! The stadium is gorgeous and the fireworks are the bomb (ha…) Saturday night we all went out to dinner at Clyde’s. Salvador Dali had it right- time is flexible and this weekend FLEW by!

Also- Important news to report. I FINALLY went to Ben’s Chili Bowl last night! This is a DC institution- a hole in the wall, really- that attracts all kinds of famous visitors from President Obama to the Cosby family. There’s really no polite way to eat the hot dog I got at this place. With the first bite, I had chili all over my nose, sauce on my hands and onions under my fingernails. It was a delicious disaster!

This upcoming weekend I’ve got a lot in store- a steeplechase AND an Orioles/Sox game! Yes... living it up is my theme for these months. The days at school are still long, but I’m determined to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment