Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Going...Going...Gone

First of all, buying MLB.TV was the best decision of my life. I'm watching NESN right now, in HD, from my bigscreen TV, and I'm in DC. And if I get bored of it, I can watch EVERY OTHER GAME in the country, from ALL WEEK LONG. God, I love baseball season!

Gwynn Park's baseball season is also wrapping up- and wouldn't you know, we're going to the playoffs! My baseball players have become my favorite students and they know it. What can I say? Even I would much rather discuss the kid that got beaned in the head at yesterday's game than the imperfect verb conjugations at hand.

In other news, Meredith and I are taking over the position of Department Chair for the Foreign Language Department next year. By co-chairing, we'll take over not only the decision making for our department but also the stipend. The trade off is a couple after school meetings a month, which is fine by me. Sitting at the Department Chair meeting this afternoon was kind of awesome- it brought back memories of APO eboard in a rush, proof that college really is training for real life. We really have a phenomenal administration, and I loved being on the "inside" and hearing about what's up and coming.

In fun news, I've been filling my weekends up to the brim: dinner dates, baseball games, and last weekend I hosted my first ever adult dinner party! I had my Spanish tutor Laura and her husband Sean over for dinner. The menu came straight from Giada (a never fail) and the night was a bilingual affair of joy! Some Peruvian food has been promised in return for later this summer!

Peace and Love to everyone as the warm weather takes over bit by bit... Summer is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment