Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ants in my pants

That’s what mom used to say when we were fidgety, cranky and rude and wanted to be anywhere but where we were. My kids have ants in their pants right now and so do I. Why bother coming to school in June? We haven’t been able to do anything since HSA testing started, and any sense of discipline or routine has dissolved into the wind. Getting kids to listen to me and try to force them to prepare for their final in my class has been like teeth on a chalkboard. (Yeah, teeth.) I can’t count how many kids I’ve kicked out of class and how many phones I’ve abducted. Let me out!!

Today really is my last day of teaching this year and I’m celebrating by going to the Nats game tonight. Our much-hyped phenom pitcher, Strasburg, is making his major league debut and for once, the stadium is sold out. I am stoked to be going and feel like a major rebel for going out on a weeknight.

In other news, I’ve started running again every other day. My body is furious since the last time I held any kind of exercise routine was oh, about a year ago. I can hardly take in a breath I am so sore. It’s my goal to have a better routine in my life next year and get a sense of normalcy back to my days. I don’t think that’s so much to ask! Maybe I’ll even get back into cooking and away from my microwavable prepackaged diet. Baby steps.

Finally, I will officially be home June 18-24 to rest, see my dad give his speech at the Relay For Life, and to hit up a Red Sox game, my first home game in years! If you’re going to be in the general New England area in that time slot, give me a shout.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment