Monday, November 22, 2010

Gobble Gobble



Well, I finally did it this weekend. On Saturday night, I became a woman.

I was a little afraid to go through with it. I had no idea what I was doing. And I admit- I had to look at a magazine for some pictures to help me out. So much bare skin! And what technique would I use?

No, it's not what you're thinking. I mean, I finally made a turkey all by myself! And, it came out FANTASTIC! Special thanks to REAL SIMPLE Magazine, hilarious roommates, and a really reliable mom to get me through the cooking process.

Saturday night was truly a celebration. We hosted a potluck Thanksgiving dinner for all of our best friends in DC and it was a huge hit. The girls in my house and I whipped up turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy and pumpkin pie. We bought fancy beer and wine and Kate even made jello-shots in the rinds of the fruit flavors they represented- a creative and chewable "cocktail." Friends brought squashes, casseroles, desserts and great stories- and our dinner party lasted late into the night!

After the plates were cleared I mustered up a second wind for the evening and headed out to meet up friends from out-of-town for a night of dancing. We only went home when the lights came on at 3 am. It's been ages since I've stayed out so late and even with some time to nap on Sunday, I'm still recovering today. It took the entertainment of dancing in the halls (including some serious dance-offs with my students) to get through the day today!

Tomorrow I fly home to MA and I could not be more excited to see my family and enjoy real Thanksgiving with the people I love. Check out the pics below for a few laughs at us attempting the turkey!

Peace and love.










1 comment:

  1. Classy. Well Done! I made the vegetarian equivalent of Harvest-Stuffed Portabellos on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete