Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dr. Edmund Henry Hornstein Jr.


Wow! What a couple of dorks! It's no secret that I adore my dad, and so this weekend was super joyful. My dad came to DC to visit me after weeks of planning and I could not be more happy. Top 10 reasons to enjoy when dad comes to town:

1. Introduces you to a new kind of beer/restocks your fridge with quality brews
2. Free dinner all weekend! Thanks, dad!!!
3. Is okay eating a massive steak on a Lenten Friday (sorry God)
4. Inappropriate humor/dating advice for roommates
5. Still remembers how to drive to childhood home in Silver Spring for a memory lane tour
6. Military ID= cut the line EVERYWHERE
7. Home-made honey and maple syrup delivery. Yesss
8. Insists on taking "myspace" picture together using camera phone in front of Gorilla statue at the zoo. Multiple times. (It is never going to come out good, Dad. See above.)
9. Only person in the world I can count on to enjoy the invertebrate hut at the National Zoo as much as I do
10. Believes in me no matter how unemployed my future looks!

Love you dad! Thanks for coming.
Here's to another visit soon.

Peace and Love.

2 comments:

  1. love all of these reasons, you and your dad! daddies girls unite!

    ps: is your dad the source of your love for star trek? cause mine is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES he and my mom both definitely got us into that when we were kids. Dad spends a lot of time with the sci-fi channel!

    ReplyDelete