Sunday, January 30, 2011

24 is Wicked Old

24. Wow! I am now in my mid-twenties. Cue the quarter-life crisis, John Mayer! 24 is old. I got my first batch of grey hairs this year. I go to sleep at 9:30 pm. I'm filing taxes with something other than the 1040 EZ. Disgusting! College is a far distant memory. Where has my youth gone?

Ok, melo-drama over. I had a lovely birthday week and can't thank the big man upstairs enough for the gift of a 2-day work week. It was a wintery mess here this week in DC and we had no school Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and a delay Friday. It was the perfect chance to network for jobs, cross things off my "to-do" list, and enjoy some terrible reality TV.

Friday night, my roomies treated me to dinner at "Founding Farmers." It had to be the best food I've eaten in DC. It's the perfect menu of delicious, simple, locally-sourced American fare. Everything is hand made and cooked to perfection- fresh fish and game, warm crispy flatbreads, home-made pasta...mmm. The cocktails are to die for. Best of all was the ambiance- unlike many fancy restaurants, Founding Farmers is relaxed and comfortable. You feel like you could stay there for hours, and you do! We followed dinner with a few rounds of billiards downtown and some dancing in Dupont.

Saturday was my party at our house, and it was a huge success. My friends brought delicious treats but the winning dish was JinSoo's Pumpkin Cheesecake. Props to Kate P for the photography below, she caught me at the perfect birthday moment:

We ate, drank and danced the night away- well, Wii danced that is. Betsy bought a Wii and it arrived right in the middle of the snowstorm (thank you USPS!) It is our new obsession and was a huge party hit. Seeing huge boys dancing to Beyonce was hilarious and our chandelier almost hit the deck more than once. To finish the night, we caught a cab to H st and danced at Sticky Rice until closing time. I may have skipped the gym all weekend but I know it can't matter all that much considering how many hours my friends and I logged on the dance floor!

Many thanks to all for the birthday love and warm wishes. Peace and Love!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like the perfect birthday week ending in sticky rice is always the sign of a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 24 is only the beginning! Someday you'll look a bit further back and wish like hell you were that "old" 24 again.
    It sounds like you had a perfectly fabulous birthday and life agrees with you!
    I SO enjoy reading your blog....

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete