Monday, January 24, 2011

Food and Libations

Twice a year, Washington DC restaurants open their doors to the general public for the glorious festival known as Restaurant Week. The arrival of Restaurant week is always a cause for celebration for me and my roommates. It's a chance for us to go to some of the fancier dining establishments in the city that we could never afford. For $25-35 bucks, most restaurants make a 4-course menu, showing off their favorite plates and most famous dishes.

We've discovered some of our favorite spots in DC from Restaurant Week adventures. This week, we went to Georgetown for some fresh seafood at a place called "Hook." The food was ok, not as great as some of our other restaurants we've tried, but like always, I love meeting my friends and getting out on a weeknight!



The rest of the week was quiet. Wednesday brought grad school, Thursday a quiet night in, and Friday I went babysitting at my favorite "Little Dino"'s house. He is a darling. I have not seen him since Christmas, and he had piles of new Thomas the Tank Engine books for us to read. It makes me laugh at how little has changed. Thomas of 20 years ago and Thomas now are completely identical. The show is the same- puppets that hardly move, the trains' eyes rolling around to show their feelings, the same sound effects. It brings me right back!



The weekend was also low-key. We had TFA professional development and went for a round of mini-golf to putt out the tensions of an extra day of boring teacher talk. And Sunday of course brought the demise of Rex Ryan and all that is horrible and wrong in the NFL. Go Steelers!

This week should be a delight. The next time I write... I'll be 24!!!
Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment