Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year's Resolution #1- Write a Blog Entry every Sunday.


Wow- the first entry of 2011. I'm stoked. 11 has been my lucky number since the 4th grade. That year, my anal-retentive teacher assigned us all numbers on popsicle sticks. These numbers dictated our daily activities like hot lunch orders or line leaders. After an entire year of being called "11," instead of "Tori", it kind of sticks with you. So 2011 is here- and I'm ready to embrace it.

Resolution number one- write a blog entry every Sunday night. 4 entries a month- minimum. I've been dedicated to this blog since 2008 and I can't stop now. It's cool now to be able to read about what I was doing at this exact moment a year or even two years ago!

The first weekend of 2011 was a special one. Kat(ie) Hornstein was in town! I've been begging her to visit me for years, and thanks to a sweet Southwest.com sale, she finally made the trip to our nation's capital. She came with me to school on Friday, where we visited the Cosmotology department and got our hair curled by my students during my planning period. Check it out below!

Saturday the two of us took a trip to the Newseum here in DC. All I can say is that I've never been to a more beautiful, interesting or heart-wrenching place. The Newseum tells the history of the media around the world, and included exhibits like the Pullitzer gallery of photos and a tribute to the heroes of 9/11. Katie and I giggled at the Elvis wing and laughed learning that George Washington's dogs were named "Drunkard" and "Tipsy." I think they would have been friends with Brewer and Barley, don't you?

Saturday night we went out on the town. When you've only got one night in DC, Adams Morgan must be your destination. The famous strip of bars and clubs didn't disappoint and we enjoyed a night of dancing and living it up.

I am so happy she came and lucky she and I are such good friends. Peace and Love to everyone in the new year!


1 comment: