Friday, August 28, 2009

Things I've overheard...

Student: I don't like that new Spanish teacher. She's MEAN.
Teacher: Which one?
Student: Well, you know. The white one.
Teacher: Which one?
Student: Well, the white one with brown hair.
Teacher: WHICH ONE?
Student: Well, she has a German sounding last name or something.
Teacher: Which ONE?!
Student: I dunno! She's just mean!
Teacher: Well, you said I was mean the first week last year and now I have to kick you out of my class at 4:30 because you won't leave. Does "mean," mean she's makin y'all WORK?
Student: Maybe....

Ms. Rosenberg and Ms. Hornstein- two new white brown haired german soundingish last named MEAN spanish teachers- are doing something right!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey woman!
    Just caught up on your recent posts. I'm so proud of you! You sound like you're doing great. Hearing about your impact on these kids is awesome. I think your personality is perfect for TFA and just what they need. Keep on changing lives :) Love you, miss you!
    ~Steph

    ReplyDelete